We are an elementary school . . .
- in the heart of the Knottwood Community where we welcome students from all areas
- safely located away from main streets
- within immediate access to the community playground and skating rinks
- in close proximity to the Mill Woods Recreation Centre
- one of three sites in Mill Woods to offer the Learning Strategies Program
We are a facility that offers . . .
- a computer lab, with full internet access
- a warm and inviting library space
- a large gymnasium
- spacious grounds with playground area
- tetherball and basketball areas
We are committed to . . .
- school-wide character education
- an emphasis on reading and writing through a Balanced Literacy approach
- school-wide reading for enjoyment
- fine arts programming with a music specialist
- computer technology programming
- daily physical education
- extra-curricular activities
We are supported by . . .
- kindergarten, full morning program
- volunteer program (parents and community members)
- school council
- school lunch program
- before and after school care program on-site
- Knottwood Community League
We value ongoing communication with . . .
- an open door policy for parents to visit our school
- school council
- parent and community volunteers
- monthly school newsletters
- regular classroom communication
We celebrate student growth and achievement with . . .
- character education recognition
- citizenship, service, and leadership opportunities
- parties with the principal
- student leadership lunches
- monthly assemblies
- school spirit days
- school concert and special activities
We believe . . .
that with the shared commitment of students, parents, and staff we create a safe and caring learning community in which every student achieves academic success.